Welcome to Be Fit Be Well
Personal Trainer – Ian James
I have dedicated my entire personal and professional life to physical fitness and living a healthy lifestyle. My success as an elite athlete is a direct result of my dedication and commitment to fitness excellence – which led me to become an Olympian and Master Fitness trainer.
As a former elite athlete, I traveled the globe with the Canadian Olympic team and had the pleasure to work with and gain knowledge from some of the top sports, fitness, health and wellness professionals in the world. At the conclusion of my high performance athletic career, 20 plus years, I had so much fitness and sports specific training knowledge that fitness and sports organizations wanted me to instruct and coach their clients. I found great satisfaction in helping others achieve their fitness and sports goals that I pursued formal training in the field of fitness and sports and obtained a sports management degree, National Coaching Certification (level III), Personal Fitness Trainer Certification and finally a Master Fitness Personal Trainer Certification.
“I know first hand the importance that a balanced lifestyle has in maintaining peak performance and good health. As a former high performance athlete, I have gained extensive sports and fitness knowledge and now I bring that knowledge to you!” – Ian James, B.Sc. Master Personal Trainer
- Former two-time Olympic athlete (Track and Field)
- Three World Track and Field Championships
- Commonwealth Games Medalist
- Three-time NCAA All-American
- World Student Games
- Pan American Games
- Eleven time Canadian Long Jump Champion
- Master Personal Trainer Certificate,
- National Coach Certificate Program (NCCP) Level III Sports Coach
- Sports Management Degree Texas A&M University
- Twenty-plus years of elite sports and fitness personal training
- First Aid, CPR, AED
Who Can Benefit?
- Health conscious individuals, who are interested in improving their cardiovascular and muscle conditioning, body weight, body toning, lean muscle mass and general fitness.
- Athletes of all ages who wish to improve their explosiveness, foot speed and dynamic movement (i.e. soccer, track and field, basketball, volleyball, football, tennis, etc.).